HOME > Corporate Profile >

Corporate Profile

Corporate Profile

Corporate Profile

Established January 29, 1954
Head Office 5-13-9, Nishinakajima, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka, 532-0011, Japan
Officers Fabrice Egros, Chairman and Representative Director
Ray Tsunoda, President and Representative Director
Capital 101 million yen
Sales 19.4 billion yen (Fiscal year ended March 31, 2016)
Employees 585 (As of March 31, 2016)
Business Activities Development, production, marketing and import/export of pharmaceutical products
Affiliations The Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers' Associations
Japan Generic Medicines Association
Osaka Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association
Main Clients
Financial Institutions
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Mizuho Bank, Resona Bank, SUMITOMO MITSUI Banking Corporration, The Shoko Chukin Bank
Business Locations Sanda Manufacturing Plant / Research Center
Subsidiaries KYOWA CritiCare Co., Ltd. (external site)

History

January, 1954 Founded in Osaka as an OTC company
March, 1964 Commencement of generic drug business
January, 1968 Head office and plant moved to Takatsuki
June, 1988 Head office moved to Shin-Osaka
November, 1989 Manufacturing plant established in Sanda, Hyogo
October, 1995 Sanda Plant expansion(total floor:9,707m2)
April, 1996 Commencement of strategic focus on psychiatric and neurological pharmaceutical products through major recruitment of medical representatives and visits to psychiatric hospitals in metropolitan areas.
March, 1997 Research Center established in Sanda, Hyogo
July, 1998 Reinforcement of psychiatric and neurological pharmaceutical product portfolio and nationwide deployment of therapeutic focus strategy through acquisition of all generic pharmaceutical products of Boehringer Mannheim K.K.
September, 2001 Acquisition of Ospolot business from Bayer and start of branded generic business
May, 2003 Acquisition of marketing rights of generic pharmaceutical products of Uji Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
October, 2004 Acquisition of marketing rights of pharmaceutical products of MG PHARMA Incorporation.
May, 2005 Outsourcing of distribution operation for all pharmaceutical products to Yamato Logistics Co., Ltd
July, 2005 Collaboration Agreement with the Lupin Group.
October, 2007 Capital alliance with the Lupin Group, with majority ownership of the company acquired by the Lupin Group.
November, 2008 Became wholly-owned subsidiary of the Lupin Group.
December, 2010 Increase in capital by 3 million yen to 101 million yen
May, 2011 Relocation of logistics center from Kobe City to Amagasaki City in Hyogo Prefecture.
November, 2011 Acquisition of all outstanding shares of KYOWA CritiCare Co., Ltd.
December 2012 Sanda Plant expansion(existing total floor:15,024m2)